-API- Anaconda -API- Anaconda

This is one of the true classics of the Portal. The eerie calm, the furious beat -- as long as Newgrounds exists, this short work will go on being heard and loved.

Memory Memory

Nice harmonies. Could do with some melody, though; at least in my opinion.

SuperShadowIV responds:

Yeah I've heard that it's the bread in a sandwich, and needs something inside. But I kind of just wanted this to be an ambient style song, something that would play in the background of a video game sad scene, or somethin like that

Rock the Beat Rock the Beat

It seems like it's building up to something, and then... nope.

Fulldeamon responds:

Ok I'll make a new one that leads to battle. This was more of me just messing around.

~SW~ City of the Clouds ~SW~ City of the Clouds

Brilliant! Both in that the song is really good, and in the sense that the Sun is brilliant. It's sounds like BGM from the hub level of an RPG, to me anyway.

I'm not too sure about the Hammond organ that comes in around 1:20, though. It doesn't quite mesh with the ambi-asian orche-tech vibe of the rest of the song. But in a song this eclectic, I suppose you can really use any instrument you want.

SkyeWint responds:

I am eclectic music.

I'm glad you like it though, it took a lot of work.

I guess I can understand disliking the organ. I personally thought it was a cool sound for it, nothing else fit what I had in mind. :( But ah well. Different tastes can happen! ^_^

Tuned Tuned

It was okay: sounded like typical Fruity Loops loops. I felt it was too repetitive, even for techno.

My personal thoughts are that the part starting at 0:14 should have only repeated twice instead of four times. The synth that comes in there should probably have been something different as well, something that isn't still wubbing when the next note starts.

When the piano(?) riff starts at 0:55, it probably should have been more audible; bump it up an octave or two, maybe since there isn't anything already in that register.

I feel that when the beat comes back at 1:23, it should have been preceded by a snare roll or something starting around 1:16 to prepare the ear. Likewise, the breakdown at 1:37 should have been prepared for in some way, or else postponed.

Finally, the buildup at the end should have been more developed than the intro, that is it should have borrowed some element from the middle part of the song so that it feels less like the listener accidentally turned looping on.

Detious - Air Detious - Air

Neither the drum nor the bass really starts until over halfway through the song. That's a definite weakness; of course, it could be fixed if the song were expanded to something like three or four minutes. The song does leave itself very open for another section.

DetiousMusic responds:

First off, it's not done. Second off, it's an intro and a build that doesn't even last that long. And third off, the section with nothing but a pad is the downbeat for the next portion of the song. Which brings me to my first point, it's not done. So next time you review a song make sure it's the actual song and not the layout.

Tetris Remix Song B [Final] Tetris Remix Song B [Final]

@ enigmaticone34

EA only publishes the cell phone games. Might be more direct to send it to The Tetris Company / Tetris Online, though they have the habit of suing people who use the name Tetris without their permission. Or make somewhat similar games.

Fredgy - Eurodancer RMX (wip) Fredgy - Eurodancer RMX (wip)

Ahh

I was wondering what this song was called.

Fredgy responds:

please listen to the full version .. =)

The Valley - WaS The Valley - WaS

Wonderful

Very good but the sound of the strings could have been a bit better IMO. Apart from that, very good, very relaxing, and a bit sad.

The Matremix [Matrix DnB] The Matremix [Matrix DnB]

Umm...

@bobthecow: I'm pretty sure this is actually Spybreak by Propellerheads.